The Village of Cascade invites applications for the position of Village Clerk. This position performs semi-skilled tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the Village. The position is a part-time (20 hours / week) position and will report to the Village President.
Cascade is a village in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin with a population of roughly 700 people.
- City records management
- Election administration
- Legal notification to the public
- Issuance of licenses and permits
- Provides administrative support to Village Staff, Boards, and Committees
- Accounts payable and receivable.
- Utility Billing and collections
- Cash management
- Property tax collection for the general fund.
- Prepare and distribute resolutions, ordinances, agendas, and meeting minutes for the Village Board and various Village committees.
- Attend and provide administrative support to Village committees, including the Village Board Meetings, Sewer & Water Utilities Committee, Finance & Personnel Committee, and various other committees.
- Maintain custody and provide access to the Village’s official records and process public records requests.
- Administer oaths of office from time to time, record legal documents, and certify official village documents.
- Issue permits and licenses as required by local and state laws.
- Oversee records management and retention of village materials.
- Administer elections, which include voter registration, verification, and updating of voter records, assist with absentee voting, election inspector training, hiring of poll workers, and direct supervision of election day activities.
- The primary office for the collection of complaints and providing customer service.
- Provide billing and collection for most general fund operations.
- Property tax collection and settlement with other governments.
- Cash management and investment of city general fund resources.
- Annual audits, quarterly and annual financial statements, and other state reporting.
- Preparation of the annual budget for the village and utilities
- Provide administrative support to other departments as needed.
- Answer telephone. Responds to questions and directs caller to proper place or individual to call.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Financial/Budgeting experience in a business setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Experience in municipal accounting is preferred
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time in a general office environment.
- Some weeks require long, irregular hours and evening duties.
Apply today! We would love to meet you and share more about the position and our village. We also offer flexible weekly hours and eligibility for Wisconsin Retirement.
Please contact Village President, Tanya Powers, at 920-627-3731 or via email at [email protected] to submit your resume or with any questions regarding the position.